Sunday, May 07, 2006

When It Rains It Pours

While at the Doug Fir last night to see Destroyer (see my review here), I saw what I consider to be one of the coolest tattoos I've ever seen. A woman had the Morton's Salt umbrella girl tattooed on her shoulder...

I went searching for an image to place here, and ran into another individual with the same tattoo online (which is the image seen below).

And, as it turns out, there are 6 different Morton's Salt 'Umbrella Girl' designs. The girl above is the current one, and was unveiled in 1968. Here's a link to Morton's Salt's page "History of the Morton Umbrella Girl."

2 Comments:

Blogger miss tasty said...

Well now, that is a really nifty bit o' trivia Hungry T. Fascinating!

11:57 AM  
Blogger Hungry T said...

elzbth - Thanks for the comment. I hadn't seen that shirt. That's from the band, not the movie? I wonder who else has utilized that 'umbrella girl' motif...

9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home